By CHOWDARI B V R ET AL
50 Years of fabrics technological know-how in Singapore describes in bright aspect how a newly self sustaining kingdom like Singapore constructed world-class study functions in fabrics technological know-how that helped the rustic make quick development in power, biomedical and electronics sectors. The economic climate reflected this swift path of growth, using home-grown know-how and the contribution of fabrics technological know-how to a number of the sectors is indisputable in making sure the commercial development and balance of Singapore.
- Historical Narrative Early Beginnings to offer (Freddy Boey)
- Composites, Nanocomposites and Hybrid fabrics (Chaobin He, Xiao Hu, Zhang Yu and John Wang)
- Materials for Water Remediation (Membranes) (Sui Zhang, Lin Luo, Zhi Wei Thong and Tai-Shung Chung)
- Nanostructured Catalytic and Adsorbent fabrics for Water Remediation (Zhong Chen and Teik Thye Lim)
- solar power and effort garage fabrics and units examine in Singapore (D Sabba, J Wang, M Srinivasan, A G Aberle and S Mhaisalkar )
- 50 Years of Biomaterials study in Singapore (Subbu Venkatraman, Swee Hin Teoh and Ali Miserez)
- 2D fabrics (Andrew T S Wee, Kian Ping Loh and Antonio H Castro Neto)
- Electronic fabrics study in Singapore (Chee Ying Khoo, Pooi See Lee, Sze Ter Lim and Chee Lip Gan)
- "Singaporean" fabrics technological know-how: What Does the longer term carry? (Subbu Venkatraman)
Readership: normal public, humans drawn to heritage of Singapore, humans drawn to fabrics science.
- Covers the 50 yr historical past of fabrics technological know-how in Singapore
- Shows how Singapore leads the area within the box of fabrics science
- Projects the way forward for fabrics technological know-how in Singapore
Read Online or Download 50 YEARS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SINGAPORE (WORLD SCIENTIFIC SERIES ON SINGAPORE'S 50 YEARS OF NATION-BUILDING) PDF
Best nanostructures books
Written by means of foreign specialists, Physics and purposes of Semiconductor Quantum constructions covers an important contemporary advances within the box. starting with a assessment of the evolution of semiconductor superlattices and quantum nanostructures, the booklet explores fabrication and characterization suggestions, shipping, optical, and spin-dependent houses, and concludes with a bit dedicated to new machine purposes.
This sequence of books comprises chosen and edited lectures from summer time faculties prepared by means of the heart for sensible nanostructures (CFN) on the college of Karlsruhe. The undertaking of the CFN is to hold out study within the following parts: nanophotonics, nanoelectronics, molecular nanostructures and nanostructured fabrics.
This booklet is dedicated to a variety of difficulties relating purposes of nanomaterials and nanodevices as potent suggestions to trendy ecological difficulties. major specialists in nanoscience and nanotechnology current the major theoretical, experimental and implementation matters relating to the construction and usage of novel nanoscale units to assist confirm ecological safety.
The previous few years have visible dramatic advances within the development, fabrication and characterization of low-dimensional fabrics (such as graphene) and nanostructures (such as these shaped from ultrathin movies, wires, discs and different �dots�), shaped both singly or in spatially periodic arrays. such a lot experiences of those artificially engineered fabrics were pushed by way of their capability for gadget functions that contain smaller and smaller actual dimensions.
- Parameter Identification and Monitoring of Mechanical Systems Under Nonlinear Vibration
- Extreme Biomimetics
- Ferroelectricity at the Nanoscale: Basics and Applications (NanoScience and Technology)
- Acoustic Emission and Related Non-destructive Evaluation Techniques in the Fracture Mechanics of Concrete: Fundamentals and Applications (Woodhead Publishing ... Series in Civil and Structural Engineering)
Extra info for 50 YEARS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SINGAPORE (WORLD SCIENTIFIC SERIES ON SINGAPORE'S 50 YEARS OF NATION-BUILDING)
50 YEARS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SINGAPORE (WORLD SCIENTIFIC SERIES ON SINGAPORE'S 50 YEARS OF NATION-BUILDING) by CHOWDARI B V R ET AL